Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thanks for the add

Old 02-13-2019, 04:19 PM
lockandload57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the add

I am new to the RC world and wanting to know if anyone on here winters in south Texas, I am hoping to be there next winter and was wondering what RC cars or trucks they used , like I said I am totally new to this except for the big box RC vehicles and am wanting to branch out any help would be appreciated
Old 02-15-2019, 06:02 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Not sure what you mean by "Winter in South Texas", does this mean you are retired and are a Snow Bird?

How far South are you planning to travel?

Are you looking for clubs to race at?

One of the best facilities in the US is located in Hutto, definitely worth checking out, they offer 1/8 Dirt, 1/10 Turf and 1/10 Oval racing:
Thornhill Racing Circuit

If you're planning to go farther South, then I would explore the track directory on RCFiles which caters to most of the tracks located in Texas:
RCFiles Clubs and Organizations
Old 02-16-2019, 06:00 PM
lockandload57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Bill I am retired and my wife is retiring this summer, we will be going down to the Rio Grand Valley for the winter, I am seeing a lot of the 55+ parks has RC tracks and I wasn't sure what scale they ran and like I said I am brand new to this world, I have been reading a lot and am starting to get a little better idea, so any help would be appreciated
Old 02-16-2019, 08:44 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I see, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the valley, I am aware of some racing that goes on down there, some of the guys will travel up to Thornhill to race on occasion, some cool dudes down there for sure!